Does the idea of moving have you frazzled? You’re not alone.
It’s a big undertaking, even for the most organized of homeowners and renters. On top of all the purging, packing and loading you have to do at your old place, there are lots of tasks to complete at your new home.
Are you planning a big move in the near future? Use this list to keep everything on schedule:
1. Clean your new place. As soon as you have access to it, give your new home a good cleaning. Moving in and sorting your belongings is hard enough -- you don’t want to be dusting and vacuuming on the day of the move too.
2. Set up utilities ahead of time. You want functioning electricity, water and internet on move-in day, right? Make sure to get utilities and service providers set up early to avoid moving day hassles.
3. Plan for oversized items. Have a piano or large sculpture? What about heavy mirrors? Start planning how you’ll transport these items ahead of time. And designate spaces for each piece in the new home. Don’t forget to keep your movers in the loop.
4. Hang all your window coverings. You don’t need a fully decorated house on day one. But installing blinds and curtains on moving day is necessary. Why? Because you probably don’t want to wake up at sunrise on day two.
5. Keep track of the paperwork. Do you know where you’ll keep move-related documents and receipts? Make sure you’re keeping them in one place -- a secure, easy-to-find one. You’ll need that paperwork when it comes time to file your taxes.
After that, it’s just time to unload, unpack and get settled, and turn your new house into a home.
Are you looking for your next home? Get in touch to discuss your financing options.
Content provided by Outbound Engine.